Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Present Moment

"For the present is the point at which time touches eternity". C.S. Lewis
In reality we rarely ever live in the present moment. Instead we day dream about the future or ponder on the past. However, if we really think about it, their probably was a time in our lives that we felt immencly alive in the moment. I can think of a few times this happened in my life. One time I remember, was when I was talking to a person who was explaining to me all the misfortunes, they had during their life. For some reason his story had a profound effect on me. I really got emotional and felt for him. I felt his pain, and his sorrow. I knew this was turning point in my life. The day each of my children were born, a wave of emotion hit me tears streamed down my face. It was at the precise moment they were born. Words can't desciibe these expereinces. Shocking revelations can happen in the present moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment